Thursday 7 November 2013

Supplements and Exercise


I take the following supplements (please note if you are thinking about SCD, some of these are not SCD legal, but I take them anyway as they've helped):

Powdered slippery elm - this was the first supplement I tried and I noticed a difference within 2 days.  I take 1 tsp mixed with hot water 2x a day

Probiotics (either VSL #3 or Garden of Life, but there are others that I've heard good things about like Florastor, Align)


VM-100 Liquid Multivitamin - I will never take another multivitamin in pill form...I feel like it absorbs so quickly since I don't have to break it down.


Hemp Oil gel caps - I started this supplement I think in September and it has made a huge difference.  This is also a good alternative to fish oil that can be harmful while in a flare.

Serrapeptase (this one and the next two I started at the same time, a few weeks ago, figuring they all are similar and will work together.  I had my first real BM's after starting on these, but it took a couple weeks for that to happen)
Digestive Enzymes

Please read The Enzyme Factor by Dr. Hiromi Shinya for more information on enzymes

Calcium

         
This is my cocktail that I have come up with after trying different things to see what works and what doesn't.  When trying anything from food to supplements, you should get to a point where within 4-5 days you can tell if it's something to keep or not.


Other supplements that people have used that help

Boswellia










        
EXERCISE            
                       
When I go to the gym I mostly do legs, abs, and chin ups. I workout with heavier weights and 6-9 reps depending. For cardio I walk on the treadmill for 1 hour at 5.5 km/hr and 5% incline (this is great for people needing low impact due to joint problems or to go easy on the tummy, BUT you have to do at least 1/2 hour before it burns fat so bring your ipad), go to boxing/Muay Thai or a stunt class.  

Even if people don't know what to do at a gym the classes are a great place to start and usually are a fun way to meet people who can encourage you to keep going!

No comments:

Post a Comment