Sunday 24 November 2013

Chocolate Frosted Brownie – Gluten/Grain/Dairy/Sugar FREE!!!


Although I am on SCD, I don't follow it 100% strictly because I have found that certain amounts of illegals are tolerable in small quantities.  The chocolate used is dark chocolate and unsweetened.  This recipe is geared towards people with digestive issues and those wanting a healthIER version of a brownie.  

Brownie Ingredients

1 cup almond flour (can grind raw almonds in a coffee grinder or food processor)
¼ tsp sea salt
¼ tsp baking soda
¼ cup cacao powder (I use ½ cup)
12 (or 1 cup) Medjool Dates remove pits (I’ve tried different kinds, Medjool have the best taste
3 large eggs
½ cup coconut oil melted
1 tbsp vanilla
Optional 100g macadamia nuts
Optional 1-2 tsp ground coffee

Directions

     1.      Preheat oven to 350F/180C
    2.    Pulse in a food processor almond flour, salt, baking soda, and cacao powder
    3.     Pulse in dates until the texture of coarse sand
   4.    Pulse in eggs
   5.     Pulse in coconut oil and vanilla until texture is smooth
   6.     Transfer mix to greased square baking dish/tin (it will be thick may need to spatula in.  I also lined the tray with parchment paper to remove easily)
   7.     Bake for 20-25 min

Frosting Directions

Melt over double boiler (a pot of boiling water with another pot over it):
1.5 bars of 3.2 oz dark chocolate (about ¾ cup of unsweetened chocolate chips)
¾ cup coconut milk (I used coconut cream which worked fine)
When the chocolate has just barely melted, remove from heat.

Add:
2 tbsp honey
10 drops liquid stevia
2 to 4 tbsp coconut flour, sifted. (I used 2 since I used coconut cream, which is thicker)

Refrigerate until the frosting has cooled, about 15 minutes. (You know it's ready when it is the texture of frosting.)

After removing the brownie from tin, let it cool fully, then top it with the frosting.  I made both the day before and frosted the day of.  Then I cut into little squares and placed into cupcake holders for individual servings!


No comments:

Post a Comment